Analog Reference

I'm reading from a variable-voltage load cell. The change in voltage is around 4 mV. It has four wires: Excitation ground, Excitation positive, Signal negative, and Signal positive. When applying 10 volts across Excitation ground and positive, the voltage across the Signal negative and positive is around 4.3VDC. I would like to use the Signal negative pin as an analog reference, then measure the voltage to Signal positive. On the documents (https://static.industruino.com/downloads/manuals/Industruino_INDIO1286_&_INDIO32u4_product_manual_December2016.pdf), I see AREF on the ribbon cable, but it doesn't appear to be available on the board. How do I use a "custom" analog reference?

Aaron
Aaron
| 1 0 2
Asked on 6/14/21, 4:57 PM
vote

I tried to write this comment before, but I don't see it so I'll try again. After further research, it looks like I can't rely on the onboard ADC to be able to read this signal. I'll open a new question about communicating with a separate module for reading load cells.

Aaron
on 6/14/21, 8:37 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

64 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/14/21, 4:57 PM
Seen: 848 times
Last updated: 6/14/21, 8:37 PM