Update a new sketch while hanging in a while-loop?

Dear all,

I was doining a mistake. (Top-board is an 1286) Iam hanging in a while-loop in a watchdog-sketch.

Issue: By starting the Industruino (= plug-in the usb cable), the controler try to start and will be killed by the watchdog.

The result on my pc (Windows 10)  is: After plug in the usb cable, windows is bringing the "device connected - sound" and directly after this, windows is bringing the "device-disconnected - sound and a warning message pops up "Unknown defice ... doesn't work correctly ... update driver... bla bla ...".

-> That means, iam not able to connect my Industruino anymore. I also can do nothing in the windows device manager, because of the industruino will be displayed as unknown device, for approx. 1 second...

What can I do to "re-animate" the board?

Thank you alot!

Jack M.
Jack M.
| 2 1 1
Asked on 3/26/17, 3:03 PM
vote

Dear Stefano,

thank you very very much!!!

That worked well.

The panic makes me blind, sometimes... ;)

Jack M.
Jack M.
| 2 1 1
Answered on 3/27/17, 2:11 PM
vote

When you press reset on 1286 board, the screen flashes and a new com port shows up. You then have 8 seconds to update your sketch. An empty sketch is perfect for a starter

Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
| 4 1 3
Answered on 3/26/17, 4:10 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

33 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/17, 3:03 PM
Seen: 2279 times
Last updated: 3/27/17, 2:11 PM