Why the prototyping area pitch is not 2.54 mm?

From the photos of Proto base board, looks like the pitch of the prototyping area is around 5 mm, this is not the ideal format if you want to use chips with "dip" packages. In my case I need to insert a canbus controller and driver and some MOS-FETs for my project; if the pitch was 2.54 as in all the other prototyping boards, it would be very easy to place the components directly on the board, but in this case I must create a daughter board to place all of them.

Luigi Rinaldi
Luigi Rinaldi
| 1 1 1
Asked on 5/16/18, 8:04 PM
vote

Hi, we do have the standard 2.54mm pitch on the PROTO baseboard, you will find a few example pictures on https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/proto-power-meter-20

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 5/23/18, 12:43 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/16/18, 8:04 PM
Seen: 1570 times
Last updated: 5/23/18, 12:43 AM