Using Industruino as a Modbus RTU slave

Has anyone used Industruino as a modbus slave using the RS485 comm port ? I have seen a Modbus Simple Master on the blog, and been trying with "simplemodbus_slave", and "Modbus" libraries since, with no success.

Any input on the use of the RS485 comm port appreciated.

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 3/11/16, 9:14 AM
vote

Hi Didier, i've tested communication between 2 IND.I/Os over RS485, with Modbus RTU, one as Master, one as Slave, using those same libraries. Please see this blog post for details.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 3/29/16, 6:51 AM
vote

Great. This will save me a lot of trial and error sessions. I'll have a try as soon as I come back from vacation.

Didier DORGUIN
on 3/30/16, 5:44 PM

Yeah ! Just works fine as a slave ! that was one of the last remaining issues to use Industruino in BMS projects. Thanks Tom !!!

Didier DORGUIN
on 4/4/16, 10:15 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

21 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/16, 9:14 AM
Seen: 2427 times
Last updated: 3/29/16, 6:51 AM