Top Board does not power on when using external PS

Good evening,

I can upload the test script for the D21G and it works while plugged in via the USB.

But when I apply external power it does not boot up the top board and LCD.

verified with multimeter, and also verified FUSE.

Any thoughts?

Josh Nijenhuis
Josh Nijenhuis
| 2 1 1
Asked on 1/9/19, 12:09 AM
vote

Hi,

Please check if your code is waiting for the Serial Monitor to connect. If it has a line " while (!SerialUSB) " the sketch will block there until you connect the USB and open the Serial Monitor.

Are you connecting 12/24V to V+/V-? Do you see 4 green LEDs light up inside the INDIO? 3 on the baseboard and 1 on the topboard.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 1/9/19, 1:02 AM
vote

Thanks, I realized that V- symbol on the physical devices means GND, I was connected to EARTH. I thought V- was for negative voltage input for better opamp performance possibly. I guess when you assume; you make a fool out of yourself(me) Thanks for your help.

Josh Nijenhuis
on 1/10/19, 12:07 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

54 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/9/19, 12:09 AM
Seen: 1434 times
Last updated: 1/9/19, 1:02 AM