Sending SMS with the GSM/GPRS module

Hi all,

My GSM/GPRS seems to work fine (initializes properly, card is detected by the CPU, SIM takes the pin number and connects to network, everything peachy-rosy) but seems unable to send Short messages. By the way I did not even try to connect to GPRS for now (I save it for later). I just want to send some SMS when an event occurs..

My program instruction goes like this : FEM_ACTN[0] = modem.sendSMS(TCM_NSMS[0], TCM_DESC[51]);

where :

FEM_ACTN[0] is the result of the "modem.sendSMS" command (returns false every time)

TCM_NSMS[0] is a string : the number of the phone I want to send the message to (I tried +33[7 digits], +33[8 digits], 0033[7 digits], 0033[8 digits], and [8 digits] formats to no avail).

TCM_DESC[51] is the string that I want to send in the SMS, never exceeds 80 characters.

And of course, nothing arrives on the other phone ... Ann, sister ann ...

The SIM card in the module is from one of my phones. It has SMS and data capability, so I don't think this is the issue. The SIM is not blocked.

The CPU is a D21G, a 1.6 version I use for development. I use Mode 1 configuration in the GPRS/GSM module. Nothing is connected to the RS485 port (that will come later too).

Ideas, anyone ?

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 2/9/18, 8:29 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

42 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/9/18, 8:29 AM
Seen: 1960 times
Last updated: 2/9/18, 8:30 AM