SD Card + Ethernet

Hello,

I am having trouble getting the SD card and an ethernet client working at the same time using the Arduino SD and EthernetIndustruino libraries.  I can get them to work independently, just not together.  Also I am using pin 15 for the Chip Select, is that correct?  

Thanks for the help!

Patrick Doyle
Patrick Doyle
| 1 1 2
Asked on 10/10/15, 5:22 PM
vote

Reposting this as an 'answer'... I didn't have enough karma to convert or delete the comment :(

Thanks, I was able to get the Ethernet and SD working at the same time but am having trouble incorporating a 4-20 mA sensor. 

If I call Indio.analogRead() and access the SD in the same sketch after uploading the Industruino stops being recognized by my PC and I have to upload a blank sketch while booting before it will work again. 

Just to clarify, I should only need to set the chip select pins in the setup when I initialize each of them, correct? Thank you!

Patrick Doyle
Patrick Doyle
| 1 1 2
Answered on 10/16/15, 11:37 PM
vote

Dear Patrick,

The chip select pins for the ethernet expansion module are as follows:

Ethernet D10, Micro-SD D4, FRAM D6

So best to set these all these to HIGH in your Setup routine, and then set only one at the time to LOW to activate the relevant peripheral.

Cheers,

Loic

Loic De Buck
Loic De Buck
| 3 1 3
Answered on 10/12/15, 2:38 PM
vote

Thanks, I was able to get the Ethernet and SD working at the same time but am having trouble incorporating a 4-20 mA sensor. f I call Indio.analogRead() and access the SD in the same sketch after uploading the Industruino stops being recognized by my PC and I have to upload a blank sketch while booting before it will work again. Just to clarify, I should only need to set the chip select pins in the setup when I initialize each of them, correct? Thank you!

Patrick Doyle
on 10/16/15, 9:49 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

15 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/10/15, 5:22 PM
Seen: 3517 times
Last updated: 10/16/15, 11:37 PM