SAM-BA Operation Failed

Trying to get uploads to work to my new D21G Topboard (first time user) and after an hour of messing around and re-downloading various libraries i seem to have finally made some steps towards success.

Everytime I upload a sketch I get the "SAM-BA Operation Failed" message in the compiler window.   The rest of the upload appears to be successful (checksums verify ok) and the board seems to have recieved the upload properly (I have uploaded the demo INO and its working).

So should I be worried? Any tips to correct?

Running IDE 1.8.5
Downloaded the latest board files via the manager
Downloaded the latest Indio library from github
Downloaded and installed Windows drivers from github
Windows 7 x64 PC
Brand new IND.I/O D21G

Russ
Russ
| 2 1 1
Asked on 1/19/18, 4:54 AM
vote

I messed around in the setting for which programmer to use. Under the tools menu, find programmer and then check and see if ArduinoISP is selected. I believe when I switched to this, the errors disappeared.

This also mostly fixed the upload problem I was having where I had to hard reset the cpu to get an upload to start.
Russ
Russ
| 2 1 1
Answered on 4/15/18, 9:19 PM
vote

Hi, the SAM-BA error can be safely ignored.

We've had several people reporting this while actually the code was uploaded successfully. So please check if your code is running as expected. If not, please provide screenshot of the error log in the IDE (orange text in lower window)

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 4/15/18, 4:20 AM
vote

I have the same problem, but it is not solve after re-install all the libraries.

Could someone explain me what can I do to solve it?

I cannot upload any sketch successfully.

Thanks.

Antonio_Per
Antonio_Per
| 2 1 1
Answered on 4/10/18, 7:00 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

42 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/19/18, 4:54 AM
Seen: 5185 times
Last updated: 4/15/18, 9:20 PM