RTC for Industruino "Ind.I/O" with AT90USB1286 MCU

Hello,

for my next project I wanted to use the "Ind.I/O" with AT90USB1286 MCU,
but I need a accurate realtime-clock RTC that can keep the time during the System is powered off...

any Ideas for that ?
maybe I can develop a small module (with a coin-cell), that sticks directly onto the expansion port (14-pin IDC) ?

Dirk
Dirk
| 3 1 2
Asked on 12/19/16, 10:39 AM
vote

Dear Dirk,

We are in the final stages of development for a new range of Topboards which will include an RTC. Launch is expected in February.

Please keep an eye on our website for any announcements.

Best Regards,

Loic

Loic De Buck
Loic De Buck
| 3 1 3
Answered on 12/19/16, 8:09 PM
vote

What about the GPRS module I saw on the blog ? Any release date for it ?

Didier DORGUIN
on 12/20/16, 10:27 AM

I got back to this topic after a while, and I finally see, that you did a new Topboard with ATSAMD21G18 MCU and independent RTC with Battery. That's really nice, I like this MCU (know it already from my arduino zero) ! But there's some small disadvantage now: compared to the other two topboards, this MCU has no EEPROM anymore (that can survive switching off the MCU and/or flashing the MCU)... So I expected, that you put some small (serial) EEPROM or FRAM onto this new topboard.

Dirk
on 6/6/17, 4:39 PM

I already posted a question about this on May 30, 2016 and got some interresting answers : title is "Real Time Clock on Industruino".

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 12/19/16, 1:34 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

30 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/19/16, 10:39 AM
Seen: 2905 times
Last updated: 12/19/16, 8:09 PM