PWM for pump control

Hello everyone. I have installed an Industruino IND I/O with 3 sensors connected to the analog inputs, 3 relays connected to the digital outputs and 1 switch connected to a digital input. To the MCU I have connected the 5V and GND to power the sensors (minimal current), and the RX/TX for serial communication.

I was convinced that I was able to write a PWM output on the analog output pins, but further research proves me wrong. I cannot find a solution on how to generate this signal with an Ind. I/O.

I'm looking for a PWM output with a frequency anywhere between 100 and 4000Hz. The low-level voltage has to be <1V and the high-level voltage has to be >4V.

Thanks in advance!

Yente
Yente
| 3 1 1
Asked on 3/8/20, 2:16 PM
vote

Hi, you can use MCU pins on the 14-pin IDC port https://github.com/Industruino/documentation/blob/master/indio.md#idc-expansion-port-pinout and you will probably need to add a pull-up resistor e.g. 10K to 5V to get the high level above 4V, as the MCU operates on 3.3V

Indeed the INDIO's 2 analog output channels are true voltage/current not PWM.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 3/9/20, 1:54 AM
vote

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I'll try this as soon as I get my hands on that resistor.

Yente
on 3/9/20, 9:37 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

60 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/20, 2:16 PM
Seen: 1519 times
Last updated: 3/9/20, 1:54 AM