No longer able to upload code to Ind.I/O

Hi, I'm trying to make some small mods to the code of a unit that was running fine for a year or so. I get a slew of errors and the app seems to hang on "Uploading...". I;m using the older IDE which is required for this unit. Any thoughts?

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Users/Study/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino8/bin/avrdude": error=86, Bad CPU type in executable
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485)
    at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:11)
    at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:115)
    at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:159)
    at processing.app.debug.Compiler.upload(Compiler.java:166)
    at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1167)
    at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1141)
    at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1113)
    at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2380)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=86, Bad CPU type in executable
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
    at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:248)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
    ... 11 more

Michael Mesford
Michael Mesford
| 2 1 2
Asked on 2/5/22, 11:54 PM
vote

Hi, it seems the IDE is trying to upload to an AVR type of board, while you are probably have the Industruino D21G board. You need to select the correct board from Tools > Board. If the Industruino board is not available there, install it with these instructions https://github.com/Industruino/documentation/blob/master/indio.md#setting-up-the-arduino-ide

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 2/7/22, 12:40 AM
vote

Hi Tom, thanks for the response. I actually have the older 1296. But when I went to confirm that just now the dang thing compiled fine. I must have had the board wrong after all.

Michael Mesford
on 2/7/22, 11:14 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

68 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/22, 11:54 PM
Seen: 911 times
Last updated: 2/7/22, 12:40 AM