Nextion HMI to D21G

Hi all,

I am in the process of connecting a Nextion 7'' screen to a D21G. If any of you has some insights or code to share, it would be a pleasure to work together on the subject. We are working on an AHU for Operating Rooms in a cardiac surgery hospital, and the Nextion screen would be used as local information as to room temp (value and setpoint setting) and room overpressure (value only).

The RS485 port is used by the Modbus process network, so I plan to use the TTL serial on the expansion port. The screen would not be too close from the controller (say 20 m of cabling from it).

Any information welcome.

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 1/31/20, 5:58 AM
vote

Ciao, sono fuori ufficio per motivi di salute, vi risponderò al mio rientro. 

Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office fo health reasons,.I will do my best to respond promptly to your email when I return

fabrizio
on 1/31/20, 5:58 AM

Hi Didier, what a coincidence, i just finished writing a blog post about this: https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/nextion-hmi-with-industruino-42

I have modified the enhanced library to work over RS485. I assume it could work even with Modbus creating some traffic on the RS485, i have not tested that. 

Looking forward to your feedback!

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 1/31/20, 6:10 AM
vote

Well ... great minds and all that rot, I guess ! :) I'll have a go at it and let you know. Thanks for saving some of my time (again), Tom ! Didier

Didier DORGUIN
on 1/31/20, 6:34 AM

Hello DIdier!

I use Nextion all the time.

It has a serial interface and communicates both ways in text, in terms of variables names and values.

It has a development environment and you program it first, then send and receive text strings.

Very useful, it also has a smart version with RTC, I/O and other stuff.

I usually connect it using two pins and the do a virtual serial, but you might be better off with the Industruino.

At 5 Volts, anyhow.

Il 31 gennaio 2020 alle 7.34 Didier DORGUIN <didier.dorguin2@industruino.com> ha scritto:

Well ... great minds and all that rot, I guess ! :) I'll have a go at it and let you know. Thanks for saving some of my time (again), Tom ! Didier

--
Didier DORGUIN
Sent by Industruino using Odoo about Forum Post Nextion HMI to D21G (886)
Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
on 1/31/20, 10:13 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

59 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/31/20, 5:58 AM
Seen: 1824 times
Last updated: 1/31/20, 6:10 AM