Multiple input and outputs

I am working on an industrial project that is based on stepper motor system. I have to control 17 stepper motors that means 34 digital outputs (step and direction for every motor). The motors will be driven by their drivers do i need only +5v digital outputs. I need 10 relay outputs, those can also be low voltage dc outputs. I need 17 digital inputs 5v from inductive proximity sensor. 2 points for rs 485 connection to the HMI. 5 analog inputs for potentiometer. But i need more i/o ports . Can someone help me with that? I have seen people connecting two arduinos together but I'm not sure if that would be stable and i even don't know how to do that with controllino. Any help would be grateful.so can we build something like that with industruino?

Sourabh Kumawat
Sourabh Kumawat
| 1 1 1
Asked on 9/14/19, 3:05 PM
vote

Hi, the Industruino IND.I/O is designed for this kind of application. If you're working in an industrial environment, you probably want to go for industrial level signals (12/24V and 0-10V/4-20mA), and properly isolated power zones so your I/O channels are not directly connected to MCU pins. Also, if your stepper drivers, relays, sensors, potentiometers are at some distance of your controller, the 5V signals will not be reliable.

For the amount of I/O channels you mention, i would suggest Modbus RTU expanders, using the INDIO's RS485 port. The INDIO is the Modbus Master and you can add up to 32 Modbus Slave devices, these can be 3rd party as long as they use the Modbus RTU standard. Each slave device could give you 16 digital inputs, or 16 digital outputs, for example see http://ampero.eu/en/14-slim-series. You can add these to the INDIO's 8 digital I/O channels. For the analog inputs, the INDIO has 4 channels so you could add an extra INDIO as Modbus Slave to add analog input channels.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 9/16/19, 12:23 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

58 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/14/19, 3:05 PM
Seen: 1423 times
Last updated: 9/16/19, 12:23 AM