MQQT over SSL - AZURE

Has anyone had any success connecting their Industruino to Azure IOT Hub or any other resource? Specifically using MQTT

I've hit a brick wall and the problems seem to exist at the SSL level

Output from Serial:

11:22:33.707 -> (SSLClient)(SSL_ERROR)(connected): Not connected because write error is set
11:22:33.707 -> (SSLClient)(SSL_ERROR)(m_print_ssl_error): SSL_BR_WRITE_ERROR

I am utilizing the recent blog post as a starting point and the libraries recommended

Industruino MQTT over SSL | Industruino

I am successful connecting to the Mosquitto services.

It seems to reside at the Trust Anchor level (which is very opaque)

I have tried using Azures Baltimore certificate with their SaS solution

I have tried creating a Self Signed Certificate

I think it should be possible to connect to Azure..

GitHub - Azure/azure-iot-arduino: Azure IoT library for the Arduino This does it with an ESP anyone have insight how that compares to SAMD21g?

Note: that that sdk was created as a port of the c library

Any insight is appreciated

Sentry: Water Monitoring & Control Inc.
Sentry: Water Monitoring & Control Inc.
| 4 1 2
Asked on 6/24/21, 2:32 PM
vote

hi, i have not worked with Azure, but there must be a way to make it work, following advice such as https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-mqtt-support#using-the-mqtt-protocol-directly-as-a-device i would experiment first from the Mac/Linux command line using mosquitto_pub to find the correct combination of server, port, clientid, username, certificate file. above link seems to say you won't need the SAS token. i assume you have had a look at the certificates at https://github.com/Azure/azure-iot-sdk-c/blob/master/certs/certs.c after this command line instruction is working, you could use the same parameters in the Industruino sketch and convert the certificate

Tom
on 6/28/21, 10:24 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

64 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/21, 2:32 PM
Seen: 72 times
Last updated: 6/28/21, 10:24 AM