MQQT on Industruino

Arduino UNO supports MQQT so I was hoping this one did too. I have an upcoming project in which I would like to implement the same using this device. Any helps would be much appreciated. Has anyone successfully implemented an MQQT IOT project in this platform? 

Kevin K S
Kevin K S
| 2 1 1
Asked on 11/18/18, 5:44 PM
vote

Hi, Industruino does MQTT with standard Arduino libraries, you can find a working example over Ethernet at https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/industruino-mqtt-client-over-ethernet-35

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 11/19/18, 7:04 AM
vote

I am using it in production and it works exceptionally well. I am also using the new ethernet library that auto detects the type of eternet module as it has some extended functions to check if the ethernet cable is plugged in and if the hardware is present. It also reports remote IP address you are connected to as well as the port.

You MUST edit the w5100.h (in your arduino system libraries folder) source file and change the following

Comment out line #define SPI_ETHERNET_SETTINGS SPISettings(14000000, MSBFIRST, SPI_MODE0)

edit the line #define SPI_ETHERNET_SETTINGS SPISettings(8000000, MSBFIRST, SPI_MODE0) and  change 8000000 to 4000000 

save the file and compile again. I used Arduino IDE 1.8.7 and the ethernet library WebClientRepeating sample to test the ethernet functions (it uses the new functions) - add the following just after the includes to make the USB serial connection work easily

// serial output steam
#if defined(ARDUINO_SAMD_ZERO) || __SAMD21G18A__ && defined(SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL)
#define Serial SERIAL_PORT_USBVIRTUAL
#endif

This way you can use Serial.print etc as normal.

Shane van Jaarsveldt
Shane van Jaarsveldt
| 3 1 2
Answered on 12/3/18, 12:01 PM
vote

Thanks Tom,

I was going to ask for it myself soon.

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 11/19/18, 4:21 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

51 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/18/18, 5:44 PM
Seen: 2267 times
Last updated: 12/3/18, 12:01 PM