More IO Please?

After a couple days playing around with industruino IND.IO, I must say this is a really great product. I can easily communicate with various sensors and VFD. The INDIO library made it very simple to do Analog reading. My only complain is lack of IO ports. I wish there is expansion IO board available like M-Duino. However, I will choose industruino over M-Duino any time because of the simplicity. When will you add more IO? Also it would be really great if you implement a feature to update the program via LAN. It is really troublesome to update the program once it is deployed on the field.

Albert Tobing
Albert Tobing
| 5 1 3
Asked on 10/11/16, 2:49 PM
vote

Hi Albert, thanks for your feedback and recommendations. The best solution we have at the moment to increase the I/O channels is using multiple IND.I/Os with communication over Modbus, an industrial protocol, either over RS485 (Modbus RTU) or over Ethernet (Modbus TCP). We have a Modbus RTU master/slave example here https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/modbus-rtu-master-and-slave-14 

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 10/11/16, 11:46 PM
vote

How about updating the IND.I/O's program via LAN? Is there a tutorial for that?

Albert Tobing
on 10/12/16, 1:29 AM

Hi Albert, that's a very interesting question. We have not tried that yet on our 32u4/1286 boards but it is documented for standard arduino 328 boards: http://www.freetronics.com.au/pages/how-to-upload-a-sketch-to-your-arduino-via-a-network#.V_2jA2F94b0 I will try to look into this further

Tom
on 10/12/16, 2:43 AM

Didier Dorguin

I would be very interested in your work around for more inputs using the dry contac method you mention above 

Kelly Sprayberry
Kelly Sprayberry
| 2 1 2
Answered on 11/9/18, 1:15 AM
vote

Ooops. Didn't see this one. Sorry. Still interrested ? By the way we have improved the concept with a 18V voltage regulator that will avoid the "learning" phase. Still in field test but more than promissing.

Didier DORGUIN
on 11/14/18, 5:46 AM

Yes, I sure am. Very much interested. Thanks!

Kelly Sprayberry
on 11/14/18, 11:03 AM

Ciao, sono fuori ufficio per motivi di salute, vi risponderò al mio rientro: 14/11. Per urgenze contattatemi al cellulare.

Thank you for your email. Due to sickness, I am currently out of the office and will probably be back on 14/11. I apologize for the delay and any inconvenience.
In urgent cases, please call me on my mobile.
Best regards

fabrizio
on 11/14/18, 11:03 AM
Yes, absolutely. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 14, 2018, at 12:47 AM, Didier DORGUIN  wrote:

Ooops. Didn't see this one. Sorry. Still interrested ? By the way we have improved the concept with a 18V voltage regulator that will avoid the "learning" phase. Still in field test but more than promissing.

--
Didier DORGUIN
Sent by Industruino using Odoo about Forum Post More IO Please? (660)
Kelly Sprayberry
on 11/14/18, 11:26 AM

This is something that would be a great help for someone like me. I am looking at managing 100s of Industruino's all across India!

Raghuram Shenoy
Raghuram Shenoy
| 4 1 2
Answered on 10/14/16, 8:38 AM
vote

Ooops. Didn't see this one either. Still interrested too ? By the way we have improved the concept with a 18V voltage regulator that will avoid the "learning" phase. Still in field test but more than promissing.

Didier DORGUIN
on 11/14/18, 6:11 AM

Hi Didier. Yes I am really interested. can you please send me the files to: albertlt@yahoo.com ? Btw, will the output / input speed of the converted analog be significantly slower than the digital io?

Albert Tobing
Albert Tobing
| 5 1 3
Answered on 12/9/16, 12:01 AM
vote

INO standalone example file and XLS simulator sent by eMail today. Have fun !

Didier DORGUIN
on 12/20/16, 11:23 AM

If you need some digital Inputs, you can convert one AI into 5 dry-contacts DI quite easily. We have developped an interface with resistors the dry-contact DI shunt, that is powered by the same 24Vdc as the Industruino, and a C function that does the translation.

I can send the code and wiring drawings if you are interrested. I even think I have an example file somewhere.

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 12/8/16, 12:44 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

30 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/11/16, 2:49 PM
Seen: 4089 times
Last updated: 11/9/18, 1:16 AM