Membrane buttons have become mostly unresponsive

Hi,

My membrane buttons have stopped working properly.  I can press the down arrow and wiggle my finger around and finally get it to respond but the other buttons rarely respond.  Is this a known issue?  Can I replace the cover assembly that holds the buttons?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Mesford
Michael Mesford
| 2 1 2
Asked on 1/13/17, 9:55 PM
vote

Sorry, not an answer. I have a similar problem.

My DOWN button doesn't work any more.
The UP and ENTER buttons make contact to the common line when pressing, but not the DOWN.

Are replacement panels or complete case tops available?

Peter Nyffeer
Peter Nyffeer
| 0 0 1
Answered on 2/10/21, 3:51 PM
vote

Giovanni,

I did the electrical test as Tom suggested and found good continuity.  I've determined that the buttons need to be held for a second or two before they respond.  My problems started after adding a lot of code so the execution time must have increased enough to affect the button timing. Everything is working now as long as I use very deliberate button presses.

Mike

Michael Mesford
Michael Mesford
| 2 1 2
Answered on 2/21/17, 6:18 AM
vote

Thanks Mike for reporting back, the issue is resolved then.

Tom
on 2/21/17, 7:22 AM

This is rather uncommon; could you double-check the cable from the panel to the topboard: unplug and re-insert, and also look for any damage to this cable, it might have gotten stuck when you closed the casing. If no visible damage, can you unplug the cable and check with a digital multimeter for continuity between the ground pin and the 3 buttons when you press them (also see schematics here https://static.industruino.com/downloads/diagrams/Industruino_INDIO_1286_pinout_map_Feb'15_S.pdf) If this test fails, contact us for a replacement part.

[and make sure you are using the correct pin definitions according to the MCU you have: analog A5 for the 32u4 version, and D23,D24,D25 for the 1286]

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 2/20/17, 12:41 AM
vote

same problem here. The up and down buttons worked a couple of times bu they don't work anymore :(

Any idea?

Giovanni Avila
Giovanni Avila
| 0 0 0
Answered on 2/19/17, 11:12 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

31 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/13/17, 9:55 PM
Seen: 3687 times
Last updated: 2/10/21, 3:51 PM