LCD message disappeared

When I uploaded the sample code Indio_Digital to check if my D21G was working properly the LCD stopped working. The device seems to be executing the sample code just fine, but the LCD is non responsive, I can see the 4 LED's on inside the case. Is there a problem with the device? The light behind the LCD does flash when the code is uploaded.

aries12
aries12
| 2 1 1
Asked on 4/15/19, 6:07 PM
vote

The original demo code preloaded on Industruino is here: https://github.com/Industruino/democode/blob/master/IndustruinoDemoCode_D21G/IndustruinoDemoCode_D21G.ino

Reload this on Industruino and you should be back to where you started, make sure you instal first all required libraries.

Hope this helps

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Aries I just checked in the GITHUB repository, the example Indio_Digital is not managing the LCD, so what you describe is correct you should see the LCD flashing and nothing will be displayed on it. The LCD will be backlit. The example code is writing to SerialUSB and you will find the data in the Serial monitor window of Arduino IDE If you want to activate the LCD and display something you need to add some code, consider that no one of the two libraries required to drive LCD is presente in the example. Hope it helps Paolo P.S: not sure what happened I see you posted the question 5 times, can you do some cleaning and delete the previous 4 ? Thanks

Paolo Sona
Paolo Sona
| 1 0 1
Answered on 4/17/19, 3:29 AM
vote

Thanks for the answer. I get that the code isn´t really meant to show information, my main concern is that the first time that I plugged the device, I got this "welcome to industruino" Message and a menu with the different I/O of the device and now it doesn´t show anything. Do you have any idea on why this is happening? I did tried to delete the other questions, but the site won´t let me, it says that I need mor karma to do so.

aries12
aries12
| 2 1 1
Answered on 4/16/19, 4:45 PM
vote

Hi Aries, when you upload code which doesn't drive the LCD the last displayed image will show up on the LCD, as it is kept in the LCD's internal buffer. After a power cycle the LCD will not show any image as the buffer will be cleared.

Loic De Buck
on 4/17/19, 3:34 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

57 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/15/19, 6:07 PM
Seen: 2145 times
Last updated: 4/17/19, 3:30 AM