Internal wiring of Industruino IND.I/O analog channels

Hello, I have a question regarding the I/O analog section of the Industruino IND.I/O board.
I'd like to know what is the hardware solution adopted by the engineers to make it possible to measure both the input voltage and current using only one input pin (plus ground).
The board I'm using (I2C-AI418S) requires the user to manually short the IN- and C- to make a current measure (please refer to the linked picture). This is obtained indirectly by measuring the voltage across the R8 resistor, whose value is 249 Ohm thus obtaining the current value.

My guess is that something similar is achieved in the Industruino board via software, maybe using a MOSFET as a software-controlled switch, but since I don't see any of those MOSFETs on the board, I wonder if that's actually the solution adopted.

Additionally, my board does not provide a voltage output (only 4-20 mA), I'd like some insight into how the current/voltage conversion is handled in the Industruino board.
Thank you.

https://ibb.co/mqinEQ

Andrea Malacuti
Andrea Malacuti
| 1 1 1
Asked on 9/21/17, 4:43 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

38 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/21/17, 4:43 PM
Seen: 1764 times
Last updated: 9/21/17, 4:43 PM