Industrino recognized as a Arduino Leonardo

Strange problem here, installed similair arduino IDE 1.8.2 on both machines
One developer machine runs windows 10, and a month ago i installed the industrino on it.

The final machine is a windows 7, so installed Arduino IDE on it.
Not to actually program something but just to be able to update the code of the Arduino if that would ever be needed.
Next i installed the driver using the INF file  for the proto board (industruino-windows-0.0.1).

When i now look at windows 7 device manager, it sees a Arduino Leonardo at COM6   (??)
And a non working Industrino D21G at COM5  (with a yellow error "This device cannot start")

I then launched the Arduino IDE, just to be sure to see what COM port was used by any arduino type board.
Overthere it showed Arduino Leonardo at COM6 as well (and COM5 did not exist)
I did not upload anything to the Industruin, from the IDE.
And i will configure my controlling software to COM6  (as its the only one recognized now by windows now to be active).

Well is this OK, should i ignore the fact that it is not a Arduino Lenoardo or are the boards equal ?
And would it be no problem at all to upload a sketch to it ?

Peter
Peter
| 2 1 1
Asked on 9/28/17, 2:58 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

38 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/28/17, 2:58 PM
Seen: 1810 times
Last updated: 9/28/17, 2:58 PM