How is the mobile coverage of SIM800H today and in the future

How is the mobile coverage for the GSM/GPRS Expansion Module (SIM800H)? As far as I can see the module supports worldwide communication. But how reliable and for how long? Since the discontinuation of 2g is already being discussed in some countries.

Is a more recent module already in development? The question of mobile communications is a crucial issue for us.

Thank you.

Tobias
Tobias
| 1 1 1
Asked on 1/28/20, 9:31 AM
vote

Ciao, sono fuori ufficio per motivi di salute, vi risponderò al mio rientro. 

Thank you for your email. I will be out of the office fo health reasons,.I will do my best to respond promptly to your email when I return

fabrizio
on 1/28/20, 9:32 AM

Hi, we are aware that 2G is being phased out in several countries, but i don't think there is a definitive list of the status per country. We are in the process of releasing a new generation of Industruino, the TRI range, that will allow 4G, LoRa, WiFi and other types of communications with plug-in modules.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 1/31/20, 1:26 AM
vote

Thank you for your comment. Some may drop 2G, some 3G. Could you please share details? When will this module be released?

Tobias
on 2/3/20, 1:38 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

60 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/28/20, 9:31 AM
Seen: 1387 times
Last updated: 1/31/20, 1:26 AM