How do I modify code for an older i.O?

So it appears my Industruino is now a legacy item. It's an I.O and I believe it was a 1286. I can't find any markings to identify it further. But my code wont compile because I'm using the EEPROM commands. I don't have <EEPROM.h> defined so I'm guessing it was part of the <Indio.h> library. I've installed an older version of the Arduino IDE (1.6.5) but I don't see Industruino in the list of baords like I used to. Using Board Manager i only see the new SAMG board. How do I access the old board?

Thanks,

Mike

Michael Mesford
Michael Mesford
| 2 1 2
Asked on 4/28/20, 10:02 PM
vote

Hi, the topboard type can be found on the top PCB, next to the LCD, it should say e.g. 1286 REV1 (or 32u4 for the Leonardo type)

Indeed for the 1286 type you will need to go back to Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and install the board definitions manually, not via the board manager. This means downloading the support file package from https://industruino.com/page/techcentre and following instructions in the readme files. After installing the board files, you can restart the IDE and the 1286 board should be available in the list. You can use the standard Arduino EEPROM library with the 1286, no need to install it, it's part of the IDE so you can just #include <EEPROM.h>

If you find you have a 32u4 board, you can use the latest IDE and select 'Arduino Leonardo'.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 4/29/20, 3:15 AM
vote

Hi Tom, thanks for the refresher! I'd forgotten going through these steps originally. I do have the 1286 but it doesn't say that on the topboard. Only REV1.4. No matter. I can upload code and that's all I need! Mike

Michael Mesford
on 4/29/20, 9:08 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

61 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/28/20, 10:02 PM
Seen: 1251 times
Last updated: 4/29/20, 3:15 AM