GSM Module does not respond

I removed PIN from SIM card, selected IDC mode 2, connected to 24V source and when I run TinyGSM example AT_Debug it says:

"Module does not respond!

Check your Serial wiring

Check the module is correctly powered and turned on"

I tried all the other examples but non of them works. Blue LED on GSM module starts blinking after 1 second push on power button

Nikola
Nikola
| 2 1 1
Asked on 5/17/18, 3:09 PM
vote

Hi, can you try with an example modified for Industruino, at https://github.com/Industruino/democode

If you use the 'Serial' port for GSM/GPRS in combination with the INDIO, you have to disconnect 'Serial' from the RS485 port. There is a hardware switch on the baseboard, put it in the upper position to disconnect from the RS485 (away from the RS485 pins).

Please note that the Industruino GSM/GPRS module uses D6 as power on/off pin (it needs 1s HIGH); the relevant lines in the setup() switch the module ON in case it was OFF (or OFF in case it was ON, which can cause some confusion)

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 5/23/18, 12:52 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/17/18, 3:09 PM
Seen: 1831 times
Last updated: 5/23/18, 12:52 AM