GSM/GPRS Module and TinyGSM

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to Proximus network using the GSM/GPRS module and the TinyGSM library but get the same error as in https://industruino.com/forum/help-1/question/serial-communication-with-gsm-gprs-expansion-module-428 :  

Output to Serial monitor:

Waiting for network... fail

Waiting for network... fail

When trying to get the error codes for waitfornetwork, gprsconnect I get "1"

I tried the 2 IDC modes by changing the jumpers and SerialAT but didn't solve anything.  From what I understood, my setup should work with IDC1.

The INDIO is connected to a 12V power source and the GSM/GPRS module is connected using the 14 PIN IDC Port

The code I use to test the module is https://github.com/Industruino/democode/blob/master/GPRSwebclientTinyGSM_D21G_HardwareSerial/GPRSwebclientTinyGSM_D21G_HardwareSerial.ino

The ISP confirms the SIM cards support 2G, 3G, 4G

Using my cellphone, the SIM connects immediately to the network (no PIN)

What is the best way to troubleshoot these issues?

Thanks

Martin

Martin
Martin
| 2 1 1
Asked on 5/7/18, 2:20 PM
vote

I am having the same issue , and no help from the company so far. Dit you get this working ? 

Bart De Reu
Bart De Reu
| 1 1 2
Answered on 7/25/19, 11:02 AM
vote

Hello Didier,

Yes I'm using a D21G INDIO, i didn't try with a 24V power supply yet, will have to get one first...but is this required?

I thought I read in the documentation that 8V was the minimum for the power supply.

Also following piece of code doesn't output anything except the hardcoded string "Modem: "

String modemInfo = modem.getModemInfo();
  SerialMon.print(F("Modem: "));
  SerialMon.println(modemInfo);

Are following assumptions correct?

(modem.waitForNetwork()) should output 1 if succesful?

(modem.gprsConnect(apn, user, pass)) should output 1 if succesful?

I looked into the https://github.com/vshymanskyy/TinyGSM/blob/master/src/TinyGsmClientSIM800.h library and found following status codes

enum SimStatus {

SIM_ERROR = 0,

SIM_READY = 1,

SIM_LOCKED = 2,

};

enum RegStatus {

REG_UNREGISTERED = 0,

REG_SEARCHING = 2,

REG_DENIED = 3,

REG_OK_HOME = 1,

REG_OK_ROAMING = 5,

REG_UNKNOWN = 4,

};

Yes would be great if you could share the code.  Et je parles français donc pas de soucis pour les comments :)

Thanks,

Martin

============

EDIT

===========

Just found out there was a verbose mode where AT commands are sent to serialmon

This is the output I get

..Initializing modem...
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
ATI
Modem: 
Waiting for network...AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
 fail
Waiting for network...AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?

Martin
Martin
| 2 1 1
Answered on 5/7/18, 5:23 PM
vote

I have been using TinyGsmClientSIM800.h, by the way. I will do an extract of the code and send it along tomorrow. The 24 V suggestion is just because if your power supply is a bit too weak on the current side, I guess the GPRS module would be the first to go. So a higher voltage could mean enough power. Seeing your code, this definitrely is not the case. Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
on 5/7/18, 6:37 PM

Code sent to your Industruino.com e-mail adress.

Didier DORGUIN
on 5/8/18, 4:46 PM

Hi Martin,

Could your please be a bit more precise ? What Industruino do you use ? 1286 or D21G ?

Have you tried with a 24Vdc power supply ?

Do not hesitate to lengthen your waiting timers. For instance, the modem really needs 10 seconds to reset.

I had an active connection some week back and I can send you the corresponding code for D21G and GPRS module (french comments, sorry) if you think it may help.

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 5/7/18, 4:29 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/7/18, 2:20 PM
Seen: 6109 times
Last updated: 7/25/19, 11:02 AM