Factory hard reset of a severely bugged D21G

Hi all,

I have a D21G who does not get much farther than its startup, since the code within has a problem. It stays in limbo there, not being able to get to the end of its first loop. The problem is : its USB comm port is stuck too (he is not identified as anything on the USB port, which works perfectly with another D21G I have).

I have  tried pressing the reset button during loading : no way. Holding the reset button during powering up (works with some arduinos) : no more success. Loading an empty sketch and holding the reset during loading ...

Is there any known way just to erase the whole memory of the thing so I would start from some firm base ?

Any idea welcome (nothing too esoteric, an no axe wielding, please)

Didier

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 7/23/18, 4:39 PM
vote

Hi Didier,

Please try double tapping the reset button on the back of the topboard, the backlight should continue to blink and the serial port should appear. Then upload a very simple sketch such as Blink, it should restore your board.

Cheers,

Loic

Loic De Buck
Loic De Buck
| 3 1 3
Answered on 7/25/18, 3:41 PM
vote

Hi Loïc ! Worked ! I did it during reload and the D21G was its former self once again ! Thanks a bunch for the tip ! Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 7/30/18, 6:06 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/23/18, 4:39 PM
Seen: 2365 times
Last updated: 7/30/18, 6:06 PM