Easy WiFi connectivity for small data set

i just thought I would post this, maybe it will be helpful to someone. Tom has a really good blog on adding a ESP8266 or 32 to the Proto controller, but just in case you are not that savvy technically, the BOLT IOT device might be an easier, less evasive solution for WiFi connectivity. You can connect it to the 5V, ground, TX and RX on the IDC connector and have it up and running fairly easy. You can send it a data string of I believe up to 6 points from your controller using Serial1 on the INDIO versionto plot on the BOLT cloud. Every 5 minutes the BOLT device receives the data set and graphs it. There are many other features you can use with the bolt device as well, use it with mailgun or Twilio or Bubble for advanced monitoring. They’re pretty neat devices. They sell for 22 dollars US. Not trying to put the hard sell on anyone and I’m not affiliated with the company or am I being compensated to endorse their product, but for the money, it might be very helpful to someone.

https://industruino.com/forum/help-1/question/softwareserial-compile-file-not-found-error-workaround-with-d21g-want-to-connect-to-boltiot-device-704

Kelly Sprayberry
Kelly Sprayberry
| 2 1 2
Asked on 1/12/19, 12:55 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

54 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/12/19, 12:55 PM
Seen: 1374 times
Last updated: 1/12/19, 12:55 PM