Downloading from D21G

Hi all,

We just had a serious file corruption due to a faulty HDD on our drives, and I would like to download some code that was uploaded to some D21Gs (with some interresting features like ModbusIP Client an server modules) that got lost in the turmoil.

Is there a downloading / decompiling procedure for that ?

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 12/21/21, 2:30 PM
vote

I am pretty sure that can be achieved via the bossac command-line tool (even the one that comes with the industruino package for e.g. the Arduino IDE, used to upload the compiled binaries) using the "read" option. 

From the official bossac doc:

bossac -r0x10000 image.bin # Read 64KB from flash and store in image.bin

(Please note that example is taken directly from the bossac docs the starting offset address for the Industruino's ICs is different, iirc 0x4000 or 0x8000 and that you'll be, of course, only to receive the binary from the ICs memory.)

Link to website: http://www.shumatech.com/web/products/bossa

Link to GitHub repo: https://github.com/shumatech/BOSSA

Andreas Windt
Andreas Windt
| 1 0 0
Answered on 4/11/22, 7:08 PM
vote

Thank you andreas, This helps to save the content of a controller in a compiled form, so you can clone it in another controller. It may save the day in some cases, but I was looking for a way to get back to the code or at least part of it. In the end I rewrote the Modbus programs in our apps, in a much cleaner way, so the consquences are not so bad, after all. Thanks anyway Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
on 6/14/22, 5:22 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

66 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/21/21, 2:30 PM
Seen: 976 times
Last updated: 4/11/22, 7:08 PM