Digital Input/Output Schematic

Hello

I would like to ask about Digital I/O of D21G.

I have a version where DO is implemented using ITS716 driver - was not really usable for my project.

However, I can see that there is a new version where those drivers are not used. I would like to see a schematic how DI/DO are implemented in a new version - to see if I can use industrino now.

Can anyone share the schematic of DI/DO section?

Thanks.

Yuriy
Yuriy
| 0 1 1
Asked on 6/22/20, 6:08 AM
vote

Hi, the current INDIO is still using those ITS716  drives on all 8 digital channels when the are configured as OUTPUT. Schematics not available but you can have a look at the Indio library to see how the DIO works via the PCAL9555 I2C expander. 

The PROTO gives direct access to the MCU pins if you prefer that.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 6/22/20, 7:34 AM
vote

Hi Tom Can you then explain how shall I understand the datasheet specifications for D21G. There you write that maximum current per output is 2.6 A (on the front page you write 2.3A), however the ITS716 is only capable to deliver 1.3A. Where is a mistake?

Yuriy
on 6/22/20, 7:48 AM

Additionally, how should I understand the frequency for DI in datasheet. Can I really receive 10kHz signal on digital input.

Yuriy
on 6/22/20, 7:54 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

61 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/22/20, 6:08 AM
Seen: 1445 times
Last updated: 6/22/20, 7:34 AM