D21G digital IO interrupt

Hello,

I tried to raise an interrupt on pin 8 following the instructions of https://github.com/Industruino/libraries/blob/master/README.md#interrupts but the interrupt hander is executed only for the mebrane buttons.

When I change the state of channel 1, using a hardware switch that connects V+ with digital CH1 the handler is not called. Initially I thought that maybe the device is problematic or the ribbon cable, but I tried in three different devices with the same result.

Note that with the same setup and the corresponding software changes, the system works in the 32u4 daughterboard. Perhaps something wrong with the code and interrupt setup?

Thanks in advance.

Manolis
Manolis
| 2 1 1
Asked on 9/27/17, 9:48 PM
vote

Hi Manolis, we are aware of this problem caused by a hardware upgrade, the necessary software upgrade and documentation will be available in the next few days. In the mean time, you can add these lines to the top of the setup() routine:

// NEEDED FOR OLD INDIO LIBRARY COMBINED WITH NEW INDIO HARDWARE (latch)
  Wire.begin();
  Wire.beginTransmission(0x21);
  Wire.write(0x4A);
  Wire.write(0x00);  //  low byte
  Wire.endTransmission();
  Wire.beginTransmission(0x21);
  Wire.write(0x4B);
  Wire.write(0x00);  //  low byte
  Wire.endTransmission();
  // END OF EXTRA

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 9/28/17, 7:44 AM
vote

Thanks Tom. I also spotted an issue using the I2C EEPROM. Actually, again using the provided examples EEPROM memory is not accessible. Maybe the hardware upgrade is the cause for this problem too?

Manolis
on 9/28/17, 7:51 AM

Hi Manolis, that sketch https://github.com/Industruino/democode/blob/master/i2c_eeprom_D21G/i2c_eeprom_D21G.ino should work on the latest hardware. You probably have the revision before the last one (only the very latest batch started having the extra i2c eeprom), please contact us by email tom@industruino.com

Tom
on 9/28/17, 8:24 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

38 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/27/17, 9:48 PM
Seen: 2215 times
Last updated: 9/28/17, 7:44 AM