when developping application software on the D21G, a flashing resulted in 'failed'.
Now the USB COM port is no longer detected on the PC (no hotplug event detected).
Swapping PC and cable does not solve anything.
It seems the bootloader is still there (as the display backlight is 'pulsing').
Is there any possibility to perform a factory reset?
Hello! I know this is an old post, but I had the same problem and unfortunately I had no success with your method. I did some more research (I admit it was not particularly easy to find) and found this forum post: https://industruino.com/forum/help-1/question/early-d21g-adopter-need-some-documentation-326
Quote from the post:
"NOTES ON THE BOOTLOADER
1) The bootloader runs for 5 seconds after the board is powered on, reset or a sketch is uploaded (you can tell when the bootloader is running by the "breathing" of the LCD backlight).
2) The bootloader can be forced to run indefinitely until a new sketch is uploaded (or the board is powered off) by pressing the reset button twice (double tap)."
Basically, this is what you do:
- Take the cover off and locate S1 ( the reset button) underneath the LCD.
- Connect your USB and power up the Industruino.
- Within 5 seconds, press S1 twice (double tap). The LCD should now "breathe" indefinitely.
- Now you should find the board in the Tools -> Port menu. Select it.
- Upload an empty sketch to the Industruino.
Hope this helps others with the same problem!
OKay, I'll answer this myself, as this could be helpfull for users experiencing the same issue:
The 'bricked' state is a classic flashing error: flashing is unsuccesfull and corrupts application program. bootloader starts, but once 'broken' application is starting, USB COM port is no longer detected.
1. make a small (empty) sketch
2. press the reset S1 >> press 'upload' in Arduino IDE > wait until 'uploading apears >> release S1
this timing is very critical. I had to try > 50 times |:( . the best result is to press 2 times on S1, somwhat 0.5seconds apart . then Windows detetcs the COM port for a split second.
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!