Analog Input & D7 usage without power supply

Hello,

I wanted to test my code and came to the point where I wanted to read the Analog In Channel 1 in mA mode.
Unfortunately the sketch seems to hang at Indio.analogRead(...).
Do I need to connect a power supply for that? I currently only have my USB attached to program on the table...

Same for expansion port, I wanted to connect a DS18B20 and use 5V/GND of the port + D7 as data line. But also there it seems no 5V available if only USB is plugged in.

Can somebody confirm/give advice?

THX & BR

schallb
schallb
| 0 1 1
Asked on 6/25/20, 8:03 PM
vote

Hi, indeed the INDIO baseboard needs an external power supply 12/24V, it will not work on USB power alone, and same for the expansion port. This unit is desiged to run on 12/24V.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 6/26/20, 7:41 AM
vote

Finally i figured out why the Indio.analogRead(...) didn't work... The Indio library contains the method float IndioClass::analogRead(int pin) There, after this->mcp342xWrite(adcConfig[pin]); a delay(sample_rate); is used. On my Industruino IND.I/O D21G the delay(...) method keeps hanging forever. I think there should be a cleanup for the library, also the Serial.println(...) sould be replaced by SerialUSB.println(...)

schallb
on 7/17/20, 6:42 AM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

62 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/25/20, 8:03 PM
Seen: 1224 times
Last updated: 6/26/20, 7:41 AM