Ethernet bootloader

In the topboard information a USB/Ethernet bootlodaer was mentioned (D21G topboard) how do I get my device to bootloead via ethernet ?

Shane van Jaarsveldt
Shane van Jaarsveldt
| 3 1 2
Asked on 12/5/17, 10:51 AM
vote

I suspect the GSM option will not work based on the size of the drivers required. In a previosu project, we rewrote the bootloader for a PIC32, to also check for a local file in SD and had a function to download the file in pieces during nromal operation and assemble it when ready. Then we woudl remotely reboot the device and if the checksums all matched - it flashed itslef from the SD. It was a HUGE amount of work and does work really well .... perhaps we need to see what the demand is?

Shane van Jaarsveldt
Shane van Jaarsveldt
| 3 1 2
Answered on 12/5/17, 4:36 PM
vote

Is also posible to get the device Bootloaded via GSM?

(This is a question I tried to ask before, but I have not Karma at all... please vote me ;-) 

Juansa
Juansa
| 3 1 1
Answered on 12/5/17, 3:53 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

42 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/5/17, 10:51 AM
Seen: 2572 times
Last updated: 12/5/17, 4:36 PM