4-20 ma current loop on the Ind.i/o D21G

i am testing the Indio_Analogin sketch to read a 4-20 ma signal generator. it seems that the maximum value being read by the d21g stops at around 15 ma and does not go above that. yet, my signal generator has no problem to generate signal up to 20 ma.

does anyone know what could be the problem. do i need to perform a calibration? i did not think that the d21g will be so far out though.

thanks anyone who can help me out here.

rgds

viv

viv padayatchy
viv padayatchy
| 2 1 2
Asked on 1/5/19, 1:49 PM
vote

Hi, can you confirm how you are powering the INDIO. if you have not modified the standard sketch, are you reading channel 3? are you connecting your signal + on CH3 and - on the analog GND next to CH1? is your signal generator on a separate power supply or shared with INDIO? do you have a multimeter at hand to test if there is more than 20mA passing through the INDIO?

Tom
on 1/6/19, 5:16 AM

thanks Didier.

will do

viv

viv padayatchy
viv padayatchy
| 2 1 2
Answered on 1/5/19, 6:29 PM
vote

Hi,

Have a look there : https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/ind-i-o-analog-calibration-18

Hope this helps,

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 1/5/19, 1:52 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

54 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/5/19, 1:49 PM
Seen: 1973 times
Last updated: 1/6/19, 5:16 AM