4-20 mA

Hello again !

I am currently using the third industruino I had which is also the last one. I might order a couple more very soon. I have a quick question. I am planning to read water pressure from a danfoss two wire 4-20mA sensor. I will feed the sensor using external 24 Vdc power supply ( sensor accept 8 - 28 Vdc ). I realize the maximum voltage for industruino's analog input is 10 Vdc. Will this cause any damage to industruino? Can you please show me the recommended wiring diagram? I am not too sure with 4-20mA. Normally with 0-10V connection I just hook sensor + to Analog In and sensor - to Analog gnd. Since I am not too familiar with 4-20mA, I thought I better ask than sorry. Thanks in advance =)

Albert Tobing
Albert Tobing
| 5 1 3
Asked on 3/1/17, 7:39 AM
vote

Hi Albert,

Please refer to the INDIO user manual; page 3 has a wiring example.

https://static.industruino.com/downloads/manuals/Industruino_INDIO1286_&_INDIO32u4_product_manual_December2016.pdf

Your 24V sensor's output is 4-20mA so you'll have to declare this input mode. Please see page 6 of the above manual.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 3/1/17, 8:04 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

33 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/1/17, 7:39 AM
Seen: 2240 times
Last updated: 3/1/17, 8:04 AM