Filter for Power Supply

Hello, I use a Industrino board 32u4, this board was mounted inside a elettronic cabit of one our machine, whit some relay and some inverters for 3 phase motors. 
When I wrote the sketch and test on the table everything is ok but when I put the board on the machine, every 3 or 4 minutes Industrino crash. To restart the application a reset is necesary. I think this problem come from the 24v input for the V+ how I can filter this 24v?? The board it self does not have some filter on the V+?? This is realy strange for a industrial product. I'm waiting your feedback as soon as possible.

Matteo Camporeale
Matteo Camporeale
| 1 1 2
Asked on 6/27/17, 10:22 PM
vote

Hello, thanks for your suggestions, I already try to check what happens whit the serial connections and the resul is after 3 or 4 minutes Industrino crash no serial communications nothing, this happen also with a real simple sketch like a counter i++ and serial.print(i). In the next few hour I check with the oscilloscope what happen on the V+ pin. May be some one know a filter device for reduce the spike on V+?? Thanks a lot and best regards!!

Matteo Camporeale
Matteo Camporeale
| 1 1 2
Answered on 7/2/17, 9:14 PM
vote

So you are saying that Industruino will crash just by being powered in your box? Without any specific data, ie. type of supply, type of inverters or a sketch to work on, it is really difficult to shed a light on this issue,

Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
on 7/3/17, 1:39 PM

Yes, Industrino mounted on the machine cabinet crash after 3 o 4 minute after power on. I try with a really simple sketch like I say before, i++ and serial.print(i) delay (1000). I also try the same simple sketch on a test table and everything is ok for all the night, and also with the normal sketch everything is ok for all the night. So the problem comes form the noisy and spike generated by the relay and inverter. In our machine we use the TOSHIBA VF-S15 inverter, also some relay from OMRON and also some proximity from OMRON. Nothing special and nothing different from a normal industrial machine. Our machine is a mixer for some chemical liquid, when industrino crash the machine is running, some motor change direction very often. I try industrino mounted on the machine with a separated V+ come from an other power supply and with all the input/output disconnected and it's running without problem, if I connect the output/input and set the same Vcc I restart to have the crash after 3/4 minutes. We use the power supply from PULS it's a really good power supply. Here the specification: http://www.pulspower.com/de/produkte/produkt-detail/product/detail/cp10241-c1/ I think this is an issues come from the filter inside the industrino board this is not enought for the noise come from a normal machine cabinet. For this time I decide to use a separated 24v voltage and interface all the input/output with a relay. But this is an internal test for us and the result was terrible. If some one know a kind of filter to clean the V+ signal I can try, but please do not suggest to use a CLC filter, I need a device already prepared to be mounted in an industrial cabinet not on a PCB circuit. Thanks a lot for your support.

Matteo Camporeale
on 7/3/17, 4:26 PM

Hello Matteo,

Industruino is a very solid platform, I have them installed in all sorts of environments without a problem.

All I/O's are actually galvanically separate from power, so you should be able to obtain a quite stable operation.

In particularly noisy environments, you might want to take extra measures to get your unit to work.

Filtering is actually an issue that should be solved mainly by your power supply unit.

If signal cables run a long distance in proximity of power inverter cables, these should be shielded and connected to ground on one side only.

Another issue could be temperature, if you fit inverters in the same space.

These are just  general suggestions, as I never had this problem before.

Maybe you could use your serial port and find out when the Industruino is reset, on which operation I mean.

Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
| 4 1 3
Answered on 6/28/17, 7:40 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

37 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/27/17, 10:22 PM
Seen: 2458 times
Last updated: 7/2/17, 9:14 PM