1286 compiled binary export

Hi, It appears that the 1286 doesn't support the exporting of a compiled binary. Is there a workaround for this by any chance?

Thanks, 

Mike

Michael Mesford
Michael Mesford
| 2 1 2
Asked on 4/29/20, 9:24 PM
vote

Hi, in the IDE's preferences, you can enable Verbose for compiling and uploading. The orange log in the bottom section will show you the steps, and at some point it will show the .bin file in a temporary location. It will also show you the full avrdude command to upload the .bin file. 

The IDE puts the Arduino/Industruino in bootloader mode by 'forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port /dev/ttyACM0'  (in my case)

This can be done in Linux command line:

stty -F /dev/ttyACM0 ispeed 1200 ospeed 1200

Then the Industruino backlight fades in/out, indicating the bootloader is active. I think it's similar on Mac but i don't know about Windows.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 4/30/20, 10:13 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

61 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/20, 9:24 PM
Seen: 1228 times
Last updated: 4/30/20, 10:13 AM