Is possible to use the ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 with Industruino?

Hello, I need to use this sensor HC-SR04 with Industruino

http://www.kurtsik.org/blog/?p=1212

Is possible use this sensor with Industruino?

José Luis Torres Andrade
José Luis Torres Andrade
| 2 1 1
Asked on 11/27/15, 8:02 PM
vote

The sensor isn't plug-n-play with the industuino, but using a voltage divider may work...

I've used that sensor in other arduino UNO projects of mine. The HC-SR04 datasheet says it's rated for an input of 5v with a working current of 15mA. Ind I/O datasheet says that the logic low is <3v and logic HIGH is >11v. I'm not sure if a voltage divider would work, but it may be worth a try. If your not familer with a voltage divider, then check it out here... http://www.raltron.com/cust/tools/voltage_divider.asp 

R1 = 1.6k ohm resistor 

R1 = 460 ohm resistor 

Wire up the voltage divider between the IND I/O pin and the Vcc pin of the sensor. The Trig and Echo pins go to any 2 digital pins on the IND I/O. Ground goes to ground. (I made a picture, but can't attach it due to low karma...)

Lastly, don't use library for the HC-S04 that was designed for arduino cause it may not work with the IND I/O. I'd try to run the code from the link you provided in your original post.

Hope this helps, and repost with results if possible.

Darren Corley
Darren Corley
| 0 0 1
Answered on 1/8/16, 5:33 PM
vote

Hello José Luis,

This sensor can be connected directly to Industruino PROTO, as it functions identically to an Arduino Leonardo and has 5V I/O.

To connect it to Industruino IND.I/O you can connect it via the 14pin expansion port.

Best Regards,

Loic

Loic De Buck
Loic De Buck
| 3 1 3
Answered on 11/28/15, 11:28 AM
vote

Heloo Loic De Buck, tanks for answer I using the Industruino IND. I/O but I am using the Ethernet module for that reason I dont know that is posible can connect it via the 14pin expansion port.

José Luis Torres Andrade
on 11/28/15, 2:58 PM

Heloo Loic De Buck, tanks for answer

I using the Industruino IND. I/O but I am using the Ethernet module for that reason I dont now that is posible can connect it via the 14pin expansion port.

José Luis Torres Andrade
José Luis Torres Andrade
| 2 1 1
Answered on 11/28/15, 12:01 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

17 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/27/15, 8:02 PM
Seen: 3048 times
Last updated: 1/8/16, 5:33 PM