Using the expansion port as an SPI port

Hi all,

In one of my projects, it would be fine to connect my D21G to an nRF24L01 board, so it can talk to some remote sensors similarly equipped, and I was wondering if anyone already tried to use the expansion port for this.

I tried it quick and dirty and it did not work straight away, so I suspect the library needs a bit of tinkering with.

Anyway I finally developped a simple Modbus slave to nRF24L01 module so I have a working solution but still, I'm curious.

Any ideas welcome !

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Asked on 1/18/21, 8:18 PM
vote

Hi Didier, 

I tried today with some cheap nRF24 modules and it works for me, please see this blog post https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/nrf24l01-on-industruino-46

The latest version of that popular library does not compile on the D21G but a previous one (1.3.5) does. I was expecting to have to reduce the SPI speed (10MHz if i understand correctly from the library config) but surprisingly, even with my long wires, it works with the default speed.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 2/1/21, 8:38 AM
vote

Hi tom,

Simple and to the point, as always !

I guess I was confused by the 5V on D21G versus 3.3V needed by the nRF24.

I'll try that again with a voltage regulator whenever I get the time.

Thanks again, and again ...

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 2/2/21, 5:00 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

61 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/18/21, 8:18 PM
Seen: 1270 times
Last updated: 2/2/21, 5:01 PM