D21G hanging out

I'm having some difficulties with a D21G. Tried example sketches for LCD code, the Hello Worle example is working just fine but when i upload some more complex code like IndustruinoDemoCode, everything hangs, display is freezing, after power reset the LCD remains blank. Nor with Indo digital example i have not make some progress, i've uploaded the code, but no output on serial monitor, and not taking i/o code in accounts. Tried reinstallation of Arduino SAMD boards, libraries, but no luck. Or my equipment is broken or i'm missing something, could you please point me to a solution ?

Thank you

Ovidiu Borlean
Ovidiu Borlean
| 1 1 1
Asked on 1/6/19, 11:39 AM
vote

Thank you for your quick answer. There are 3 LED on the MCU and one on top. Tried pointing that cable with no succes. After some trials it seems that indeed the problem is the communication between SAMD and MCU, when i load HelloWorld or Thermometer example it seems to be ok. When try Indo sketch, there is no answer, not even on the Serial Monitor. After upload the screen stay bright and not executing my code. Tried many times the procedure with S1  button (double tap ). Will try to open an RMA case for this.

Ovidiu Borlean
Ovidiu Borlean
| 1 1 1
Answered on 1/6/19, 6:54 PM
vote

Hi, are you powering the INDIO with external power 12/24V on V+/V-? When powered correctly, you will see 4 green LEDs lighting up inside the INDIO, one for each isolated zone on the baseboard, and one on the topboard.

If the communication between topboard and baseboard seems faulty, you can open the casing and have a look at the 40 pin FPC ribbon cable between the 2 boards: if it does not seem properly attached on each end, gently open the slot and place the cable inside and close again.

If your IDE says the upload completed successfully, it is probably not a software issue. 

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 1/6/19, 12:06 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

54 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/6/19, 11:39 AM
Seen: 1762 times
Last updated: 1/6/19, 6:54 PM