Industruino TFTP problem

Hello, I have problem in transferring .bin file through tftp. I always get "Transfer timed out". When i check it through ping i can reach the ip address set to industruino through NetConfigDataMgr.ino. Is there something wrong with my Ethernet Module?

Hopefully somebody can help me on this problem.

Lester Lecong
Lester Lecong
| 2 1 1
Asked on 12/6/18, 8:47 AM
vote

If you get a timeout for the TFTP i suggest you check if the necessary ports are open for UDP on your laptop/network. TFTP starts on port 69 with UDP but then assigns a random port, which might not be open.

This can be an issue even when ping and the reset over Ethernet work.

Detailed procedure on https://github.com/Industruino/documentation/blob/master/indio.md#tftp

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 1/30/19, 6:56 AM
vote

Is it a D21G?  Have you configured the FRAM and set the Eth switch on the top board?

I'm running into the same issue.  I can ping, but the tftp port isn't open.  NetConfigDataMgr is writing/verifying the settings.  If I don't set the Eth switch, I can still upload via USB.  When I set the switch, I can't upload via USB and there is not tftp.

---

I'm getting closer with this, and have found additional information at: https://github.com/Industruino/IndustruinoSAMD/issues/1

This isn't yet wholly repeatable, but what is (partially) working for me:

- eth boot switch off
- change settings in FRAM
- hard reset
- upload a sketch with the ethernet reset code in it
- make sure that the reset URL works

- create new sketch
- make sure you have the ethernet reset code in it
- compile to binary in Arduino
- use preparefile.exe

This is where it isn't consistent:
Even if the board is pingable, it may not respond to tftp request.  A hard reset or a reset via the URL followed almost immediately by the tftp upload works.

There seems to be a timeout somewhere that shortly after boot the tftp server will stop responding.

Rojhan
Rojhan
| 1 0 0
Answered on 12/15/18, 1:31 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

51 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/6/18, 8:47 AM
Seen: 1922 times
Last updated: 1/30/19, 6:56 AM