onwire and Dallas Temperature libraries cannot be included error "Please define I/O register types here"

Hello together,

I am trying to make a rather simple temperature control, but I am  failing already  to include the onewire and the dallas libraries

onewire librariy version  is 2.2, so it should be up to date, Dallas Version is 3.7.2

I made now a minimal scetch for testing (see below)

My question: is there another way to use the onewire sensors?
Or is it really needed to "define I/O register types" if yes, how??

code and errors see below, it would be great if someone could give me an idea here!

LG

Jörg

#include <Indio.h>
#include <UC1701.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <DallasTemperature.h>//ergänzt
#include <OneWire.h>//ergänzt
/*
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}
*/

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

and receive

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Industruino D21G"

In file included from C:\arduino\programs\libraries\DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.h:22:0,

from C:\arduino\programs\[...]\04_Test_onwire_D21G\sketch_jun17b\sketch_jun17b.ino:4:

C:\arduino\programs\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:108:2: error: #error "Please define I/O register types here"

#error "Please define I/O register types here"

^

2) (if I comment out:    #include <DallasTemperature.h>//ergänzt

Build-Optionen wurden verändert, alles wird neu kompiliert
In file included from C:\arduino\programs\libraries\DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.h:22:0,

from C:\arduino\programs\[...]\04_Test_onwire_D21G\sketch_jun17a\sketch_jun17a.ino:4:

C:\arduino\programs\libraries\OneWire/OneWire.h:108:2: error: #error "Please define I/O register types here"

#error "Please define I/O register types here"

Jörg Tietz
Jörg Tietz
| 1 1 1
Asked on 6/17/18, 12:02 PM
vote

hi Tom,

thanks, it works now - finally I was to stupid to manage the library versions, your hint was very useful!

LG

Jörg

Jörg Tietz
Jörg Tietz
| 1 1 1
Answered on 6/22/18, 1:10 PM
vote

Hi please upgrade your OneWire library to the current version 2.3.4 then your sketch should compile. You can use the Arduino IDE library manager to do this. I tested on 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 and both worked for me.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 6/22/18, 12:26 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

45 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/17/18, 12:02 PM
Seen: 12474 times
Last updated: 6/22/18, 1:10 PM