Industrino D21G all digital I/O written high upon power up

I recently purchased an Industrino D21G, and I am experiencing  a few problems. 

The first issue I've been having is when I power the device through the green supply input, all of the digital pins are automatically written to high, regardless of the program loaded on to the device, and with nothing besides the supply power connected. However, if I plug in the usb power, and reseat the supply input, the issue goes away until the device is powered off again (both usb and supply power off). 

The second issue I have encountered is that any program written to the device does not begin to execute again if there was a periodic power loss from the supply power (if usb power was not on). The device needs to be re-written with the program before it will execute again. This is not as bad as the other issue could just be the intended function of the device that im not aware of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quintin Merlin
Quintin Merlin
| 2 1 1
Asked on 5/31/18, 4:25 PM
vote

Im unable to reply to Didier's answer, so I'm just going to clarify here, sorry for any confusion. For issue where the board doesn't resume operations after a periodic power loss, I wasn't expecting the I/O to still work without the supply power connected. The issue I was having is that under conditions where the device would be installed, (operating on only supply power, ie. no usb connection) if the device lost power, then had the power switched back on again, the program will not resume operation. However, if the usb was connected during the power loss (top board stays powered, and only power loss on bottom board), upon the power returning to the bottom board the program resumes just fine.

Quintin Merlin
on 5/31/18, 4:52 PM

The issue of the device not resuming normal operation after a power loss was solved by resetting using the method described by user Markus in this thread: "https://industruino.com/forum/help-1/question/d21g-bricked-hardware-reset-possible-375"

Quintin Merlin
on 5/31/18, 5:04 PM

Hi Quintin,

I think this question has already been asked some months ago. If I remember well, you just have to write a "false" to all IndIO digital outputs during setup, right after you declared them (but have a look at the question to be sure).

It is quite normal if the outputs do not activate when you power up your Industruino through the USB : in that case, the lower board is not powered up, so no I/O read or wite will work, and  no comms on your RS485 either.

For your program not executing, I tend to consider it a sofware problem. I never had this happen to me. Could it be the zero value of one of your variables that would prevent your program from executing (values are nor remanent in values unless you store them in EEPROM and read them back at startup).

Hope this helps

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 5/31/18, 4:40 PM
vote

I found a work around for the automatic writing of all the digital I/O as high:

1. Declare all the digital channels as outputs.
  2. Explicitly write them all as low.
  3. Re-declare the digital I/O as you would normally and use for whatever you were intending.

Still seems to me like this should be unnecciary, so I would still be curious in an explaination as to why the device behaves this way.

Quintin Merlin
Quintin Merlin
| 2 1 1
Answered on 5/31/18, 4:38 PM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

45 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/31/18, 4:25 PM
Seen: 2404 times
Last updated: 5/31/18, 5:04 PM