RS 485

can I use both ports. I mean D10/D5 and D0/D1 simultaneusly.

If i buy ethernet module and can I then use ethernet port and D0/D1

my application is to capture the data from sensor who is having modbus TCP protocol and after processing send it to other controller who is having Ethernet TCP/IP protocol.

You suggestions are highly appreciated

Jagroop Singh
Jagroop Singh
| 2 1 2
Asked on 5/24/18, 7:04 AM
vote

Hi Tom,

So from the discussion from the forum link you suggested. we only need a switch and then we can use the Ethernet module.

Jagroop Singh
Jagroop Singh
| 2 1 2
Answered on 5/24/18, 8:55 AM
vote

The Ethernet module is connected via the IDC expansion port, so when you use it, it becomes hard to access the pins on that header.

If you have an INDIO, you can use the RS485 port.

If you have a PROTO, you can access D0, D1, D5 from the screw terminals.

As far as i understand, it is not necessary to split the Modbus TCP and Ethernet TCP/IP networks, they can co-exist on the same Ethernet network. There's a good discussion of this topic here http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=186119.0 with the last post saying referring to Modbus specifically.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 5/24/18, 8:09 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/24/18, 7:04 AM
Seen: 2276 times
Last updated: 5/24/18, 8:55 AM