AnalogIn more than 10 VDC

As I need more digital inputs, I want to use Analog Inpust as digital. It is possible to connect higher voltage than 10 VDC to analog input? Is there any kind of protection, which cuts the higher voltage to this 10 VDC? Or should I use the divider to have something below 10 VDC?

Richard Fela
Richard Fela
| 3 1 2
Asked on 7/18/16, 1:39 PM
vote

Hello, from the datasheet it looks inputs only have ESD and transient protection.

You can open your industruino and check the input chip datasheet to find out more about this.

But protection is always good.

Rather than a divider, if what you need is a digital input, I would suggest a zener diode of the appropriate voltage with a resistor.

You can also find additional digital I/O on the 14-pin connector.

These inputs are direct MCU inputs, so these don't need the Indio library.

Again protection is needed for voltage above 5Vdc. You can build a small expansion board with a connector.

Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
Stefano Giuseppe Bonvini
| 2 0 2
Answered on 7/20/16, 7:44 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

29 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/18/16, 1:39 PM
Seen: 2477 times
Last updated: 7/20/16, 7:44 AM