Unable to even run the example. Mismatched signature.

I just ordered a new Industruino Proto with the 32U4 topboard. I installed Arduino IDE 1.6.5 and tried running the "Hello World" example but no matter what I do, I get the error:

Sketch uses 4,788 bytes (16%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 151 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,409 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
Found programmer: Id = "MT-CDC"; type = S
Programmer supports buffered memory access with buffersize=256 bytes.

Device code: 0x43

avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega32U4 is 1E 95 87
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.
Wrong microcontroller found.  Did you select the right board from the Tools > Board menu?

I'm new to Arduino but I've selected "Arduino Leonardo" as the board. When I click run, the screen begins blinking and I get the error. 

Mridang Agarwalla
Mridang Agarwalla
| 1 1 2
Asked on 4/23/16, 9:25 AM
vote

Looks like I was shipped a the wrong board - I got the 128.I just spend the past few hours trying to set the board definition files and got the example running. Could someone with more karma close this question. Thank you.

Mridang Agarwalla
Mridang Agarwalla
| 1 1 2
Answered on 4/23/16, 11:54 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

26 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/23/16, 9:25 AM
Seen: 2780 times
Last updated: 4/23/16, 11:54 AM