Removing 0 ohm jumper bridges on PROTO baseboard

Hi

I have a question about removing the 0 ohm jumper bridges on the PROTO baseboard.

In my situation, the board does not have 0hm resistors as I have seen on different pictures on Internet. Instead, it seems to have a plain bridge made of tin connecting the relevant points. The problem is that removing  the tin does not break the electrical conductivity of the relevant points as it seems there is a copper path below the tin.

How can I remove this jumper bridges in order to break the electrical conductivity among the external pins and the internal board?

I'm sorry I don't have 30 karma points to be able to upload a picture.

Thanks,

Rafael

Rafael Micó
Rafael Micó
| 0 0 0
Asked on 3/16/23, 12:35 PM
vote

Hi Rafael,

You can cut the connection between the internal signals and the outside connectors by cutting the bridge using a stanley knife/box cutter. A small hobby scalpel or dremel blade is another option.

Best Regards,

Loic

Loic De Buck
Loic De Buck
| 3 1 3
Answered on 3/30/23, 11:29 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

68 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/16/23, 12:35 PM
Seen: 473 times
Last updated: 3/30/23, 11:29 AM