Ublox6 Gmouse GPS Communication

I'm new to Industruino, (great product though), I'm using it to recieve GPS strings from a Ublox6 via Serial1 Tx/Rx, D5/D10 assuming that is an appropriate way of doing so. I have done this with Arduino Uno but there are plenty of Libraries that make it a pretty easy task. Hopefully I'm not duplicating another question on here and I've read plenty of serial communication posts but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the Industruino Coding for Serial Communication and recieving a string. I'm wondering if anybody would be able to kickstart me in the right direction? Parsing will be the next step but just happy to start with recieving the GPS messages.

Ublox6 Documentation:

https://www.u-blox.com/sites/default/files/products/documents/u-blox6_ReceiverDescrProtSpec_%28GPS.G6-SW-10018%29_Public.pdf?utm_source=en%2Fimages%2Fdownloads%2FProduct_Docs%2Fu-blox6_ReceiverDescriptionProtocolSpec_%28GPS.G6-SW-10018%29.pdf

Charles Thompson
Charles Thompson
| 0 0 0
Asked on 4/11/21, 9:39 PM
vote

I confirm u-blox NEO-6M working great with Industruino D21G via Serial1 using TinyGPSPlus library.

Ketut Putu Kumajaya
on 4/14/21, 3:23 PM

Hi, if you got it working with an Arduino UNO then i should be easy to port to Industruino D21G keeping this in mind:

• Serial output over USB is 'SerialUSB'
  • D10/D5 is 'Serial1'

If you want to see raw output, you can use something like

if (Serial1.available()) SerialUSB.write(Serial1.read());

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 4/14/21, 3:23 AM
vote

Thanks Tom, I'll give it a go.

Charles Thompson
on 4/16/21, 9:48 PM

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

63 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/11/21, 9:39 PM
Seen: 971 times
Last updated: 4/14/21, 3:23 PM