When is ADC/DAC calibration needed (for what accuracy)?

According to the manual, it is possible to calibrate the ADC/DAC with the help of an example. Based on this example, one must change the Indio library, if the DAC/ADC is to be used. But what if I would like to use my ADC/DAC with low requirements (the voltage can differ several volts without affecting the program). As an example, if I use the ADC/DAC as a digital inputs/source, all I will care about is if there is a low voltage (0 Volts) or high voltage (5 volts).

To the question: Is the ADC/DAC calibration always needed when DAC/ADC is used or only needed when higher accuracy is required?

Hiwa
Hiwa
| 0 0 1
Asked on 8/31/20, 9:18 PM
vote

The default settings of the Indio library give good accuracy, definitely sufficient for your application.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 9/15/20, 1:31 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

62 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/31/20, 9:18 PM
Seen: 1141 times
Last updated: 9/15/20, 1:31 AM