More temperature sensors

Hi all,

I'm trying to built my own climatic central controller with industruino, but I realize that I need at least 7 temperature sensors.

What's the most pratical way to add those inputs to the platform?

Regards

Miky

Miky
Miky
| 1 1 1
Asked on 5/21/18, 11:33 AM
vote

Best try with DTH22. You can add many of this, till 25 meters cable long

Juansa
on 5/22/18, 2:48 PM

Hi, this depends on what platform you are using.

PROTO: a dozen GPIO pins are available, you can use DHT sensors or DS18B20 or other logic level sensors, example at https://industruino.com/blog/our-news-1/post/wifi-solar-powered-weather-station-24

INDIO: you can use the same sensor as above, on the available IDC pins, there are more than 7 pins available, of course, if you don't use the Ethernet or GSM/GPRS module on that connector. You could also use the 4 analog inputs, and connect 2 INDIOs over Modbus RTU (RS485) as Didier mentions, or you could look for a third party RS485 expander with e.g. 8 analog inputs; then the INDIO can read those channels over Modbus using the standard RS485 port.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 5/23/18, 1:13 AM
vote

Hi,

We have been doing this for a couple of years, and what we did was using 2 or 3 D21Gs connected through either IOs or Modbus.

Each has its own control tasks that are judiciously parted between the D21Gs so the communication between them is reduced to a minimum.

Good luck with this, it takes quite some time to find the good balance.

Some of our controls libraries are on Github (look for DG2RDD on github in google), and the configuration of these D21Gs are quite well documented on our website, provided you subscribe to it : www.dg2r.com.

Hope this helps

Didier, DG2R

Didier DORGUIN
Didier DORGUIN
| 4 1 3
Answered on 5/22/18, 7:56 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

44 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/21/18, 11:33 AM
Seen: 2096 times
Last updated: 5/23/18, 1:13 AM