Receiving signals.

Hey.

I'm finishing up our testcase with an IND.IO I've only have one question left. 

I've been managing to avoid receiving signals mostly by just using a relay etc but there is one I cannot avoid and that's this one. On our IND.IO we'll receive a 0-10Vdc signal and I'm not entirely sure where I should put the - at. Do I need to wire this to the ground? Doesn't that cause issues if I need to share the analog ground with the digital ground (and/or with the PSU ground?).

EDIT: Further clarification; the 0-10Vdc signal originates from a building system. If I remember correctly it'll be a Honeywell PLC.

Leandro Marceddu
Leandro Marceddu
| 1 1 1
Asked on 1/25/21, 2:55 PM
vote

Hi, in short: the INDIO's analog GND is not connected to anything by default, so you need to give it a reference. 

If you're signal comes from a PLC that has a different power supply from the INDIO, you can connect that power supply's GND/V- to the analog GND of the INDIO, and keep the 2 power supplies separate/isolated, no common GND.

If that PLC and the INDIO are on the same power supply, you can just connect the 0-10V signal to the analog input, and connect the INDIO's V- to the INDIO's analog GND.

Tom
Tom
| 1 1 3
Answered on 2/1/21, 3:42 AM
vote

Your answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

Ask a Question

Keep Informed

About This Forum

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.

Read Guidelines

Question tools

62 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/25/21, 2:55 PM
Seen: 998 times
Last updated: 2/1/21, 3:42 AM